Literacy & Numeracy
Excellence in literacy and numeracy is at the forefront of teaching and learning at Edenbrook Secondary College to develop students into lifelong participants in education, employment and the community.
Our vision is to improve outcomes for every student, in every classroom, regardless of their starting point. This is achieved through integrated literacy and numeracy development in each subject, a dedicated literacy Learning Specialist, and targeted support and intervention programs.
Objectives in Literacy
- To develop students’ knowledge of language and literature.
- To challenge and encourage students to interact with texts and create fresh approaches and interpretations in the evolving digital environment.
- To help students appreciate the power to evoke feelings and convey ideas, persuade, entertain and argue.
- To teach students to communicate effectively in both written and spoken forms.
Objectives in Numeracy
- To enable students to develop key problem-solving skills within an individualised program catering for all abilities.
- To foster a feeling of confidence and success in students, attempting to solve ever more complex problems.